Configure environment settings, such as name, password, and data center for a private cloud environment.
- Log in to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager as administrator and click Create Environment.
- Click Using Installation Wizard.
- From Select a Data Center, select an existing data center for this environment, or click + to add a data center to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
For information on adding a data center, see Add a Data Center to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- In Environment Name, enter a descriptive name for the new private cloud environment.
This name must be unique among environments on this instance of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Select the environment type.
Option Description Production Production Test For testing new developments Stage To stage changes before releasing them to production Development For active development
- Enter a Default password for all products to set a common password for all vRealize Suite products in the environment.
The default password must be a minimum of eight characters.Note: The default password does not change the vRealize Business for Cloud application password in standalone vRealize Business for Cloud deployments
- Enter an Administrator Email for vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to send administrator alerts.
- (Optional) Select Join the VMware Customer Experience Program to join CEIP for this environment.
This product participates in the VMware Customer Experience Program (CEIP). Details regarding the data collected through CEIP and the purposes for which it is used by VMware are set forth at the Trust & Assurance Center at http://www.vmware.com/trustvmware/ceip.html.