This section provides guidance on the use of a vSphere Storage APIs - Data Protection (VADP) solution for performing backup and restore of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. You can back up vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager by using vSphere Data Protection by creating a backup schedule and retention policies. You are not required to delete any snapshots, however, be aware that vSphere Data Protection deletes all existing snapshots at the time of backup.
- Verify that vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager VM is powered on and accessible while the backup is taking place.
- Deploy and configure the vSphere Data Protection appliance. For more information on vSphere Data protection, see vSphere Data Protection Administration Guide.
- In the left pane of the VMware vSphere Web Client, select vSphere Data Protection.
- Select the pre-configured vSphere Data Protection appliance and click Connect.
- On the Getting Started tab, select Create Backup Job.
- Select the Guest Images and click Next.
- Select the Full Images and click Next.
- Under the Inventory Tree, select vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager VM to back up, and click Next.
- Set a schedule for the backup job, and click Next.
- Specify a retention policy for the backup job, and click Next.
- Enter a name for the backup job, and click Next.
- Review the summary information for the backup job and click Finish.
- The newly created backup job is listed under the Backup tab. The backup runs automatically according to the schedule you configured.
- (Optional) To run the backup job manually at a later time.
- On the Backup tab, select the Backup Job.
- Click Backup Now, and select Backup all Sources.
- (Optional)On the Reports tab, select Job Details to verify that the backup job was completed.