You can use vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to upgrade vRealize Suite product installations.
Verify that the vRealize Suite product to upgrade is part of a vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager private cloud environment, and take a snapshot of the product that you can revert to in the event that something goes wrong with the upgrade. See Create a Product Snapshot.
If you are upgrading vRealize Automation, ensure that the following additional prerequisites are met:
- The vRealize Automation management agent and all IaaS Windows nodes are running.
- The second member in the vRealize Automation load balancer is disabled.
- Click Manage Environments.
- Click VIEW DETAILS for the environment the product to upgrade is part of.
- Click the ellipses (...) icon next to the name of the product to upgrade and select Upgrade from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a product version to upgrade to.
- If you are upgrading vRealize Automation or vRealize Business for Cloud, choose whether to upgrade from the Default repository, the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Repository, or a manually-entered Repository URL.
- If you are upgrading vRealize Log Insight or vRealize Operations Manager, choose whether to upgrade from the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Repository, or a manually-entered Repository URL.
- Click Upgrade.
What to do next
You can view the progress of the upgrade on the Requests tab.