To add a source control server to the system, add a source control server endpoint.
- Verify that you have a GitLab instance (GitLab Community Edition/Enterprise Editions version 10.5.6+) and is supported for this version of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Log in to GitLab and generate an access token for your user with all scopes enabled. Copy and save this one-time token from GitLab.
- Log in to GitLab and verify you have group, project and branch created in GitLab before adding it as a source control endpoint.
- Under Content Management, click Content Settings.
- On the Source Control Access tab, click ADD SOURCE CONTROL SERVER.
- Select the Source Control Type.
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager uses https scheme for any gitlab APIs by default. If you have not enabled https on the gitlab instance, then you need to specify http://<ip address> in the source control server under the content settings page to change the scheme.
- When you create source control endpoint, the repository needs to be specified in <GroupName>/<ProjectName> form.
- Enter the IP address or fully qualified domain name of the server, and click SUBMIT.
- Click the pencil icon for the source control server.
- Enter your GitLab access token in the ACCESS KEY field, and click SUBMIT.