You can create a private cloud environment using a product configuration file.
Know more about Private Cloud, before you configure your environment.
- Configure OVA settings for the products to install. See Configure Product Binaries.
- Ensure that you have added a vCenter to the data center with valid credentials and the request has completed. See Add a vCenter Server to a vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Data Center.
- In the configuration file, change encoded:true to encoded:false, and ensure that all passwords in the configuration file appear in plain text.
- Log in to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager as administrator and click Create Environment.
- From Data Center, select an existing data center for this environment, or click + to add a data center to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
For information on adding a data center, see Add a Data Center to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Select the environment type.
Option Description Production Production Test For testing new developments Stage To stage changes before releasing them to production Development For active developmentEnvironment type has no bearing on the configurations or product functioning at the moment.
- In Environment Name, enter a descriptive name for the new private cloud environment.
This name must be unique among environments on this instance of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Enter an Administrator Email for vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
This is applicable for vRealize Log Insight email alerts.
- Enter a Default password for all products to set a common password for all vRealize Suite products in the environment.
The default password must be a minimum of eight characters.Note: The default password is not applied to vRealize Business for Cloud application password if vRealize Business for Cloud is deployed in a standalone mode. In standalone mode, vRealize Business for Cloud application credentials remain as admin/admin. To integrate vRealize Business for Cloud with vRealize Automation, add vRealize Automation to the private cloud environment before or at the same time you add vRealize Business for Cloud.
- (Optional) Select Join the VMware Customer Experience Program to join CEIP for this environment.
This product participates in the VMware Customer Experience Program (CEIP). Details regarding the data collected through CEIP and the purposes for which it is used by VMware are set forth at the Trust & Assurance Center at http://www.vmware.com/trustvmware/ceip.html.
- Click Use Configuration file toggle feature.
- Paste the text of the product configuration JSON file into the Product Config JSON text box, and click Next.
You can download the configuration file from the summary page to create a JSON file for the product or the solution with the latest inputs that were provided while configuring the environment.The create installation wizard is launched and the JSON data is populated. You can validate the data before you click submit. For more information on getting sample JSON file, see KB article 2151908.Note: If the JSON file contains encrypted passwords, then you have to convert them to plain text and set the paramater encoded to false in the JSON file.
What to do next
To monitor product installation progress, click the Home button. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager displays installation progress for the environment under Recent Requests and on the Requests tab.