Add a vCenter Server to a Data Center before using that vCenter Server to create a private cloud environment.
Ensure that you have the vCenter Server fully qualified domain name, user name, and password.
- On the left pane, click Data Centers and click Manage Data Centers.
- On the page, click Manage vCenters.
- Click + Add vCenter
- Enter the Host Name in the form of a fully qualified domain name.
Note: You must have administrative privileges to use vCenter.
- Enter the User Name and Password for the vCenter server.
- Select the vCenter Type.
vCenter Type selection is currently used only for classification; the setting has no associated product functionality.
- Management: All VMware SDDC Suite products are managed by this vCenter type.
- Workload: All the payload or business related VMs are managed by this vCenter type.
- Consolidated Management and Workload: Is a vCenter type, where both VMware SDDC Suite products and payload VMs are managed together.
- Click Submit
What to do next
Go to the Requests page to see the status of this request. When the status is Completed, you can use this vCenter Server to create environments.