You can create a private cloud environment using a JSON product configuration file.
Configure OVA settings for the products to install. See Configure Product OVA Settings.
Ensure that you have added a vCenter to the data center with valid credentials and the request has completed. See Add a vCenter to a Data Center.
In the configuration file, change encoded:true to encoded:false, and ensure that all passwords in the configuration file appear in plain text.
- Log in to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager as administrator and click Create Environment.
- Click Using Configuration file.
- From Select a Data Center, select an existing data center for this environment, or click + to add a data center to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
For information on adding a data center, see Add a Data Center to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- In Environment Name, enter a descriptive name for the new private cloud environment.
This name must be unique among environments on this instance of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Select the environment type.
For testing new developments
To stage changes before releasing them to production
For active development
- Enter a Default password for all products to set a common password for all vRealize Suite products in the environment.
The default password must be a minimum of eight characters.Note:
The default password does not change the vRealize Business for Cloud application password in standalone vRealize Business for Cloud deployments
- Enter an Administrator Email for vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to send administrator alerts.
- (Optional) : Select Join the VMware Customer Experience Program to join CEIP for this environment.
This product participates in the VMware Customer Experience Program (CEIP). Details regarding the data collected through CEIP and the purposes for which it is used by VMware are set forth at the Trust & Assurance Center at http://www.vmware.com/trustvmware/ceip.html.
- Paste the text of the product configuration JSON file into the Product Config JSON text box, and click Create Environment.
What to do next
To monitor product installation progress, click the Home button. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager displays installation progress for the environment under Recent Requests and on the Requests tab.