You must configure the virtual machines for vSphere Replication or array based replication in order to use Site Recovery Manager.
To enable vSphere Replication on the required virtual machines, perform the following steps.
- In the vSphere Web Client, select a virtual machine on which vSphere Replication should be enabled and click .
- In the Replication type window, select Replicate to a vCenter Server and click Next.
- In the Target site window, select the vCenter for the recovery site and click Next.
- In the Replication server window, select a vSphere Replication server and click Next.
- In the Target location window, click Edit and select the target datastore, where the replicated files will be stored and click Next.
- In the Replication options window, keep the default setting and click Next.
- In the Recovery settings window, enter time for Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Point in time instances, and click Next.
- In the Ready to complete window, verify the settings and click Finish.
- Repeat these steps for all virtual machines on which vSphere Replication must be enabled.