Updated on: 13 July 2018
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.3 | 10 July 2018 | Build 9069107
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- About vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.3
- What's New in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.3
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
About vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.3
VMware vRealize™ Suite 2017 is the complete cloud management solution, delivering and managing infrastructure and applications quickly while maintaining IT control. It provides a comprehensive management stack for IT services on vSphere and other hypervisors, physical infrastructure, and multiple public clouds.
Install VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.3 first to simplify your deployment and on-going management of the vRealize products.
What's New in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.3
- Support for vRealize Network Insight allow you to install or import an existing vRealize Network Insight environment in vRSLCM. This also adds the ability to configure data sources on a managed vRealize Network Insight environment with a support to product configuration drift and remediation in vRSLCM.
- Content management enhancements manage vSphere endpoints, release automation for vSphere and customization specifications of content types where they are closely integrated with vCenter's Content Library. In addition, the feature also has the ability to restrict specific content tags that are only used by content release managers.
- Upgrade pre-checker now allows you to run pre-validations prior to product upgrades performed during product installation in vRSLCM.
- Other enhancements include:
- Ability to configure NTP servers during vRealize product deployments
- Additional product version support through product support packs available on VMware Marketplace
- vRealize Log Insight Content Pack for vRSLCM with out of box dashboards
- Grouping of product components on the environment creation user interface
- User interface improvements to request a detail view and product compatibility matrix visibility
- View and extend the disk space available on the vRSLCM server.
- vRO package name cannot contain special characters and the package is not validated
A vRO package name cannot contain special characters and can cause issues when you capture, release or check-in a content. If you have a vRO package name with a space in between the name, then the space is converted to an underscore (_) during a capture and fails during a test and deploy.
- vRLSCM upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 will not work if the execute permission is not there for /etc/vlcm/upgrade-va.
vRLSCM upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 will not work if the execute permission is not there for /etc/vlcm/upgrade-va. See KB Article 56511.
- If the environment name contains a space then GET drift report which uses API does not show up
If the environment name contains a space then GET drift report which uses API does not show
- Import of an existing vRealize Network Insight environment into vRSLCM does not import data sources that are present in vRealize Network Insight
Import of an existing vRealize Network Insight environment succeeds in vRSLCM but the data sources cannot be imported and cannot be present in the Manage environment page product component list.
- Scale-out of a vRealize Automation small environment is not supported in the vRealize Suite Life Cycle Manager
To scale out vRealize Automation small HA, medium HA or a large environment, you can add the components by clicking Add Node on the product cards on the Manage Environment page.
- Day 2 operations fail after you deploy or import an environment by using vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
After deploying the vRealize suite of products by using vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, if any of the VMs are migrated across a vCenter, those product's VMs will not be managed by vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Delete environment or snapshot fails when vCenter credentials are changed after the environment is deployed
When you change vCenter credentials after an environment is imported or deployed successfully in the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, delete environment operations and snapshots in the environment fail.
- Inconsistent pre-stub and post-stub test execution in the content pipeline with multiple endpoints
When multiple endpoints are involved in a test or release, the deploy workflow runs pre-stubs once per endpoint and post-stub once for the complete job.
- vRO package can scale up to 1000 elements in a package.
vRO package can scale up to 1000 elements in a package.
- Snapshot for VMs remain in the "In progress" state in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
Snapshot for VMs that have device backing are not supported and remain in the "In progress" state in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. vCenter does not support taking a snapshot of VMs that have device back up.
- Test and deployment of a content is getting failed in an Azure machine
vRealize Suite Life Cycle Manager does not support an Azure machine in content management for testing and releasing content.
- Content management does not capture fields that are marked as secured while capturing vRealize Automation Content.
If the content has a secure field, like a password that is not present in the plain text, content management does not capture those fields.
- You can see multiple catalog app tiles and application links of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager after your registration of VMware Identity Manager
After you register with VMware Identity Manager in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, and you click Update from the Settings > User Management tab multiple times, an equal number of catalog application tiles and application links of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager are created.
- vRealize Operations upgrade failed at application upgrade task after completing the OS upgrade task and the cluster does not come online
Cassandra failed in one of the vRealize Operations nodes and caused the vRealize Operations cluster to not come online.
- Test and deployment of XAAS blueprint "Azure Machine" shipped by default with vRealize Automation fails
XaaS blueprint "Azure Machine" is shipped by default with vRealize Automation. However, transfer of XaaS blueprint between vRealize Automation environments is not supported.
- You cannot setup MyVMware account using LDAP based authentication mechanism
vRealize Suite Life Cycle Manager does not support the Proxy configuration with LDAP based authentication. Therefore, you cannot setup MyVMware account.
- Full or data disk causes log bundle downloads, OVA mappings, and product deployments to fail
All data in the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance, such as product binaries and product support log bundles are stored in the
/datafolder. The default size of the
/datafolder is 100 GB. When the size of
/datareaches 100 GB, log bundle downloads, OVA mappings, and product deployments fail. This issue is fixed with the introduction of a new feature in 1.3, where you can extend storage on the vRSLCM appliance.
- Upgrade of vRealize Business for Cloud with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager does not upgrade remote data collectors
When upgrading vRealize Business for Cloud in the cross-region environment with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the vRealize Business for Cloud remote data collector appliances are not upgraded. This issue is fixed in this release.
- You cannot setup My VMware account using AD configured proxy
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager now supports proxy with AD configuration.
- [New] Content name with a space displays an error
If a content name contains a space, you cannot check-in that content into the source control server.
- [New] When multiple vIDM roles and users are configured, upgrade to vRSLCM 1.3 causes loss of user and role information[
vIDM login for previously configured users stops working. The previously configured user roles in vRLCM 1.2 are not displayed under Settings - User Management - Access Control tab. You can add previously configured roles again. .
Workaround: See the steps provided in KB article 56781.
- [New] vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager upgrade fails if the root file system has less than 3 GB of space
After you trigger an upgrade, the version in the vRSLCM update page shows upgrade completed successfully after some time but the appliance version still displays an older version. The /opt/vmware/var/log/vami/updatecli.log file contains an error with an exit code 10752.
Workaround: Verify that the / folder in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager has at least 3 GB of space before you start an upgrade.
- After a successful vRSLCM upgrade, the updated version is not visible in the 'About' section at times
Although you have successfully upgraded vRSLCM, the reflecting appliance version might still reflect an older version. This issue occurs when the vRSLCM reboot happens prematurely before the upgrade is completed.
Workaround: Click Reboot from the Update tab under LCM settings.
- Add Products and Scale Out actions fail when you configure the certificate for a product
When you use the Add Products or Scale Out actions to modify an environment, the product can fail if the new product host names or the components are not present in the SAN certificate.
Workaround: Generate a single SAN certificate with all the product or management virtual host names or a wild card certificate and provide this certificate when you create the environment for the first time. This ensures support for post provisioning actions such as Add Products and Scale Out.
- Accessing vRealize Suite LifeCycle Manager from IE-11 show glitches in UI
You can see some glitches in the UI when accessing vRealize Suite LifeCycle Manager.
Workaround: Use other supported browsers like Chrome or Mozzila FireFox.
- vRSLCM Marketplace displays an error while installing the content
If the Marketplace server displays a notification "app has been removed from marketplace server", then the Marketplace server has some content that can have incorrect taggings with LCM supported products.
- Change full synchronization to true in lcm.properties.
- Sync Marketplace content from vRSLCM marketplace UI. At the end of sync operation, you can see that some content has been removed from Marketplace server.
- Delete all such content using the delete option. The apps downloads are removed from the UI. In next sync, the app will be removed.
- vRealize Automation installation of a database task fails even when a database is already present
vRealize Automation installation of a database task fails even though you have provided the database user name and password with a useExistingdb flag set as true and useWindowsAuthentication flag set as false in the config file.
Workaround: If you are creating an environment using the configuration file and if there are any advanced properties present in the config file, you have to edit the advanced properties value in the install wizard and select the useExistingdb and useWindowsAuthentication check box.
- When you try to download a support bundle for vRealize Network Insight 3.8.0, vRSLCM request will be completed but the support bundle is not downloaded.
For vRealize Network Insight 3.8.0, if you try to download the support bundle using vRSLCM, vRSLCM request will initiate the support bundle generation on all the available nodes. Once vRSLCM request is completed, support bundle will get generated in the vRNI environment. But they will not be downloaded in vRSLCM environment.
To download support bundle:
- Login using platform1 UI.
- Navigate to Settings>Install and Support.
- Under each node, select the correct bundle and click Download.
- Prolonged activity for around 15 to 30 minutes only on the content pipelines page leads to session timeout for vRSLCM.
Working continuously on Content pipelines page without clicking other tabs of vRSLCM leads to Session Timeout.
Workaround: Clicking the other tabs or pages of vRSLCM intermittently will not cause this issue.
- Users other than local vIDM admin users can not be used for vIDM registration in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
When registering an external vIDM into vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the credentials of users other than local vIDM admin users does not lead to a successful registration.
Workaround: Use local vIDM admin user credentials for registration of vIDM to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- After a successful remediation, the report in the drift report page does not change
After a successful remediation on any drifted configuration parameter is performed, the report will not reflect the changes immediately in the drift report page. The report is in red state.
Note: The remediated parameter(s) will still report as drifted even after a successful drift report run in case the remediated value is different from the current baseline value. In that case, you can choose to save a new baseline by clicking on the "Save Baseline" in the remediation requests page.
Workaround: Wait until the next drift report is successfully executed and check the interval in System setting page with the text "Configuration Drift Interval".
- When a vRSLCM upgrade is triggered, the screen stays at Maintenance mode and Home page never comes up.
After an upgrade, there can be some errors in the content from the marketplace. The content might contain few request that prevents the service to start. vRSLCM UI displays a maintenance mode message and the Home page is not displayed.
Restart the xenon server. If the issue still persists, delete the error request and restart xenon.
- Remediation does not modify the property Configure ESXi Hosts in vRealize Log Insight vSphere integration
When you trigger remediation in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the process does not modify the vRealize Log Insight vSphere integration property Configure ESXi Hosts.
Workaround: Modify the property Configure ESXi Hosts in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager vSphere integration endpoint configuration.
- vRealize Suite Life Cycle Manager Cloud Admin can view the Content Management tab but does not have access to the vRealize Suite Life Cycle Manager UI
vRealize Suite Life Cycle Manager UI is not accessible whereas the content management tab is visible for a cloud admim.
Workaround: Add a new role as a developer or a release manager.
- When you change Admin Password of a vRealize Automation HA appliance, the existing password of a secondary node does not change.
When you change the Admin password for a vRealize Automation HA appliance by navigating to Home>Environment, this will not change the password on the secondary cafe node. This might break the vRealize Automation Cafe cluster.
Update the password manually from the secondary cafe node by following the steps mentioned in https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2150055.
- vRealize Automation upgrade fails at vRealize Automation Services Restart step with an error message
If some of the vRealize Automation services are not started post the vRA virtual appliance upgrade within 45 minutes then the following error message appears:
Services on this VA failed to start within 45 minutes. IaaS upgrade will not proceed.
- Reboot the vRealize Automation cafe VMs.
- Make sure all the vRealize Automation services are running.
- Retry the failed upgrade request from vRLCM Requests page.
- In vRSLCM 1.2 or earlier versions, vrlcm-xserver.log/console.log displays an error message
Due to incorrect content in Marketplace server, scheduled or on-demand market place sync request status remains in "IN PROGRESS" state and vrlcm-xserver.log, vrlcm-server.log displays the following error messages: "Failure serializing state of service /lcm/api/request/**********
Workaround: Cleanup requests with DELETE "/lcm/api/request/**********" API and upgrade to vRSLCM 1.3.