Updated on: 21 May 2018
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.2 | 12 April 2018 | Build 8234885
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- About vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.2
- What's New in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.2
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
About vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.2
VMware vRealize™ Suite 2017 is the complete cloud management solution, delivering and managing infrastructure and applications quickly while maintaining IT control. It provides a comprehensive management stack for IT services on vSphere and other hypervisors, physical infrastructure, and multiple public clouds.
Install VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.2 first to simplify your deployment and on-going management of the vRealize products.
What's New in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.2
- Install pre-checker allows you to validate the environment create requests before starting the deployment. Pre-validations include user input, infrastructure resource availability, and product-specific checks.
- Content lifecycle management allows you to manage the release automation of content such as vRealize Automation Blueprints, vRealize Orchestrator Workflows across multiple environments such as development, staging, production. It allows native source control management integration and dependency management between a cross-referenced content.
- User interface enhancements in the product settings and environment creation pages. Product binary mapping, environment creation using the configuration file, and grouping user input fields are some of the product pages that have been revamped.
- Day 2 operations fail after you deploy or import an environment by using vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
After deploying the vRealize suite of products by using vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, if any of the VMs are migrated across a vCenter, those product's VMs will not be managed by vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Delete environment or snapshot fails when vCenter credentials are changed after the environment is deployed
When you change vCenter credentials after an environment is imported or deployed successfully in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, delete environment operations and snapshots in the environment fail.
- Snapshot for VMs remain in the "in progress" state in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
Snapshot for VMs that have device backing are not supported and remain in the "in progress" state in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. vCenter does not support the snapshot for VMs that have device backing
- Test and deployment of a content is getting failed in an Azure machine
vRealize Suite Life Cycle Manager does not support an Azure machine in content management for testing and releasing content.
- Content management does not capture fields that are marked as secured while capturing vRealize Automation Content.
If the content has a secure field, like a password that is not present in the plain text, content management does not capture those fields.
- You can see multiple catalog app tiles and application links of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager after your registration of VMware Identity Manager
After you register with VMware Identity Manager in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, and you click Update from the Settings > User Management tab multiple times, an equal number of catalog application tiles and application links of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager are created.
- vRealize Operations upgrade failed at application upgrade task after completing the OS upgrade task and the cluster does not come online
Cassandra failed in one of the vRealize Operations nodes and caused the vRealize Operations cluster to not come online.
- Test and deployment of XAAS blueprint "Azure Machine" shipped by default with vRealize Automation fails
XaaS blueprint "Azure Machine" is shipped by default with vRealize Automation. However, transfer of XaaS blueprint between vRealize Automation environments is not supported.
- In vCenter, if a duplicate cluster is found inside a data center, only the first cluster is listed in the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager install wizard
In vCenter, if a duplicate cluster is found inside a data center, after vCenter data collection completes, only the first cluster appears in the wizard.
- If the upgrade of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager from 1.0 to 1.1 fails, no error message appears and you must restore to the last known good state from a snapshot.
Create a snapshot of the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.0 working state before you upgrade. If a failure occurs, no indication appears in the UI.
- Products upgraded in vRealize Lifecycle Manager 1.1 that are installed in vRealize Lifecycle Manager 1.0 do not get the upgraded version in the View Details page
vRealize Suite Product versions are not updated in View Details page if the products are installed in 1.0 and upgraded in 1.1.
- [New] vRealize Automation install a database task fails even when a database is already present
vRealize Automation install a database task fails even though you have given the database user name and password with a useExistingdb flag set as true and useWindowsAuthentication flag set as false in the config file.
Workaround: If you are creating the environment using the configuration file, if there are any advanced properties values present in the config file, you have to edit the advanced properties value in the install wizard and validate the useExistingdb and useWindowsAuthentication checkbox.
- [New] You cannot setup MyVMware account using LDAP based authentication mechanism
vRealize Suite Life Cycle Manager does not support the Proxy configuration with LDAP based authentication. Therefore, you cannot setup MyVMware account.
Do not use LDAP based proxy authentication when using LCM as it is not supported currently.
- Users other than local vIDM admin users can not be used for vIDM registration in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
When registering an external vIDM into vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the credentials of users other than local vIDM admin users does not lead to a successful registration.
Workaround: Use local vIDM admin user credentials for registration of vIDM to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Upgrade of vRealize Business for Cloud with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager does not upgrade remote data collectors
When upgrading vRealize Business for Cloud in the cross-region environment with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the vRealize Business for Cloud remote data collector appliances are not upgraded.
- Add Products and Scale Out actions fail when you configure the certificate for a product
When you use the Add Products or Scale Out actions to modify an environment, the product can fail if the new product host names or the components are not present in the SAN certificate provided when you create the environment for the first time.
Workaround: Generate a single SAN certificate with all the product or management virtual host names or a wild card certificate and provide this certificate when you create the environment for the first time. This ensures support for post provisioning actions such as Add Products and Scale Out.
- Full /data disk causes log bundle downloads, OVA mappings, and product deployments to fail
All data in the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance, such as product binaries and product support log bundles, are stored in the
/datafolder. The default size of the
/datafolder is 100 GB. When the size of
/datareaches 100 GB, log bundle downloads, OVA mappings, product deployments fail.
Workaround: Increase the size of
/datain the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance.
- Power off the vRealize Site Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance in vCenter Server.
- Edit the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance in vCenter to increase the size of the second disk from 100 GB to a higher value.
- Power on the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance.
- Log in to the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance.
- Run the command
df -hto verify that the disk size of
/datais increased to the value you specified.
- Remediation does not modify the property Configure ESXi Hosts in vRealize Log Insight vSphere integration
When you trigger remediation in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the process does not modify the vRealize Log Insight vSphere integration property Configure ESXi Hosts.
Workaround: Modify the property Configure ESXi Hosts in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager vSphere integration endpoint configuration.
- Admin logged into vRealize Operations has Read-Only Access
If VIDM is integrated with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, when vRealize Operations is deployed from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, administrative privilege are not assigned to the VIDM Admin.
Workaround: After vRealize Operations is successfully deployed from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager:
1. Log in to the vRealize Operations UI by accessing https://
/ui and by using the local Administratoraccount.The default user name is 'admin' and password is same as the default password provided in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager during the vRealize Operations deployment. 2. Navigate to Administration > Access Control.The necessary additional privileges might be granted to the VIDM Admin. For detailed information on setting up access control in vRealize Operations, see:
- vRO package name cannot contain special characters and the package is not validated
A vRO package name cannot contain special characters and can cause issues when you capture, release or check-in a content. If you have a vRO package name with a space in between the name, then the space is converted to an underscore (_) during a capture and fails during test and deploy.
- vRealize Suite Life Cycle Manager Cloud Admin can view the Content Management tab but does not have access to the vRealize Suite Life Cycle Manager UI
vRealize Suite Life Cycle Manager UI is not accessible whereas the content management tab is visible for a cloud admim.
Workaround: Add a new role as a developer or a release manager.
- Inconsistent pre-stub and post-stub test execution in the content pipeline with multiple endpoints
When multiple endpoints are involved in a test or release, the deploy workflow runs pre-stubs once per endpoint and post-stub once for the whole job.
- vRealize Business for Cloud integration with vRealize Automation works only when vRealize Automation is added to a private cloud environment before vRealize Business for Cloud
Fresh deployment of vRealize Business for Cloud integration with vRealize Automation works only when vRealize Automation is added to a private cloud environment before vRealize Business for Cloud.
To integrate vRealize Buisness for Cloud with vRealize Automation, add vRealize Automation to the private cloud environment before or at the same time you add vRealize Business for Cloud.