You can restore the backed up data for vRealize Suite components by using vSphere Data Protection.
- Deploy and configure the vSphere Data Protection appliance. See the vSphere Data Protection Administration Guide.
- Use the Web Client to log in as an administrator to the vCenter Server instance that manages your environment.
- In the Web Client verify that the virtual machines have the latest VMware Tools installed.
- In the left pane of the Web Client, select vSphere Data Protection.
- Select the preconfigured vSphere Data Protection appliance, and click Connect.
- Click the Restore tab.
- Select the first virtual machine listed that is part of the cluster.
All performed backups for this virtual machine are displayed.
- Select the backup from which you want to restore components.
- Double-click the backup job, and select the components that you want to restore.
- Click Restore to start the Restore backup wizard.
- On the Select Backup page, verify that the backup is correct and click Next.
- On the Set Restore Options page, leave the Restore to original location check box selected, and click Next.
If you deselect the Restore to original location check box, you can select a different destination for the restore. You might have to specify options such as the host name, network, datastore, and folder.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the summary information for the restore request, and click Finish.
- Repeat steps 4 to 10 for the same backed up copies of all other virtual machines that are part of the cluster.
- Reset the root password.
- To verify that the restore operation is successful, power on the virtual machines in the cluster and check that all vRealize Operations Manager services are running.
What to do next
If any cluster displays the status waiting for analytics in vRealize Operations Manager after the restore is finished, restart the analytics service. See Restart the Cluster Analytic Service.