After recovery, you must reconfigure the remote collector node to connect to the changed IP cluster.
It is optional to protect remote collector nodes by using Site Recovery Manager. If you decide not to protect a remote collector node by using Site Recovery Manager, you need to redeploy a new remote collector node after recovery.
Use the following steps to configure the remote collector node for non high availability operation.
- Shut down the cluster at the protected site.
- Change the IP addresses for each node in the cluster. Access the virtual machines from the vCenter console and run the
/opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_set_network eth0 STATICV4 <new IP> <netmask> <gateway>command on the master node and the data nodes.
- After the command is run successfully, restart the network. When the correct network is assigned, reboot each node.
- Power on the remote collector node.
Do not change the IP address for the remote collector node, if it was not protected as part of the protection group.
- Take the cluster offline by accessing master, data, and remote collector nodes by using ssh and run
$VMWARE_PYTHON_BIN /usr/lib/vmware-vcopssuite/utilities/sliceConfiguration/bin/vcopsConfigureRoles.py --action=bringSliceOffline --offlineReason="restore cluster"command.
- Update the Cluster and Slice Administration (CaSA) database. Complete the following steps by starting with the master node, followed by the data and remote collector nodes respectively.
service vmware-casa stopcommand to shut down CaSA.
Edit /storage/db/casa/webapp/hsqldb/casa.db.script to replace the old IP addresses with the new IP addresses.
service vmware-casa startcommand to start CaSA.
- Edit the following configuration files on all the nodes starting with the master node, followed by the data and remote collector node respectively.
The Gemfire Locater runs on the master node only. Edit the locater locations accordingly.
- Edit the Cassandra configuration /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/conf/cassandra/cassandra.yaml. The seeds variable needs to point to the master node. The 2 other variables are the IP address of the node.
- Start the cluster. Access the Admin UI from a browser and bring the cluster online.