You should back up the VMs for vRealize Suite components in a specific order.
Depending on the vRealize Suite components that you have configured and your requirements, schedule backups for your vRealize Suite components in the following order. If you do not have a particular component, you can move to the next component in the specified order. The order of the VMs can be also defined in the backup tools.
- vRealize Business. Back up the VM for vRealize Business.
- vRealize Log Insight. If the resources are not an issue, it is recommended to enable concurrent cluster node backups to speed up the backup process. Back up all the nodes at the same time.
- vRealize Operations Manager. All nodes are backed up at the same time.
- vRealize Orchestrator. You can take backups of the vRealize Orchestrator VMs, individually and in cluster mode, in no particular order.
- If vRealize Orchestrator is a standalone component, back it up before vRealize Automation components in no particular order.
- If vRealize Orchestrator is embedded with in the vRealize Automation deployment, back it up as part of the vRealize Appliance.
- vRealize Automation. Back up the vRealize Automation components in the following order:
- Proxy Agents
- DEM Workers
- DEM Orchestrator
- Manager Services
- Web sites
- vRealize Automation Appliances
- PostgreSQL, if applicable
- MS SQL
If you have multiple components on a VM, select the order considering the latter component on the VM from the list.