You must configure the virtual machines for vSphere Replication or array based replication in order to use Site Recovery Manager.
Ensure that the virtual machines are located on the same datastore drive array configured in the array based replication protection group. To enable array based replication on the required virtual machines, perform the following steps.
- In the vSphere Web Client, click .
- Select the Array Based Replication protection group.
- On the Related Objects tab, click Virtual Machines.
- Right-click the virtual machine and select Configure Protection, if the status of the virtual machine is Not Configured or Mapping Missing.
- Selected the required options on the VM Protection Properties window and click OK.
- To apply these mappings to all protected virtual machines on the site, select the Save as Inventory Mapping check box for each resource.
If you do not select the check box, the mapping is only applied to the selected virtual machine.
- Click OK.
- If Site Recovery Manager successfully applied inventory mappings to the virtual machine, the status of the virtual machine is OK.
If Site Recovery Manager was unable to apply some or all of the inventory mappings, the status of the virtual machine is Not Configured or Mapping Missing.