You can use EMC Avamar to back up an entire group of clients.
- Deploy and configure the Avamar appliance. See the EMC Avamar for VMware User Guide.
- Verify that all nodes are powered on and are accessible during backup.
- Add all vRealize Suite components to backup as clients. See the EMC Avamar for VMware User Guide.
- Disable quiesced snapshots.
- For vRealize Automation 8 only, ensure the vRealize Automation services are shut down during backup.
- In Avamar Administrator, click Policy.
The Policy window appears.
- Click the Policy Management tab.
- Select the group to back up by clicking the Groups tab and selecting the group from the list.
- Click Back Up and click OK.
What to do next
For information on monitoring and cancelling backup procedures, see the EMC Avamar for VMware User Guide.