You must back up the VMs for vRealize Suite components in a specific order.
Depending on the vRealize Suite components that are configured and your requirements, schedule backups for your vRealize Suite components in this order.
- vRealize Business: Back up the VM for vRealize Business.
- vRealize Log Insight: If the resources are not an issue, enable concurrent cluster node backups to speed up the backup process. Back up all the nodes at the same time.
- vRealize Operations Manager: Back up all the nodes at the same time.
- vRealize Orchestrator: Back up all the nodes at the same time.
- If vRealize Orchestrator is a standalone component, back it up before vRealize Automation components.
- If vRealize Orchestrator is embedded in the vRealize Automation deployment, back it up as part of the vRealize Appliance.
- vRealize Automation7: Back up the vRealize Automation 7.x components in this order:
- Proxy Agents
- DEM Workers
- DEM Orchestrator
- Manager Services
- Web sites
- vRealize Automation Appliances
- PostgreSQL, if applicable
- MS SQL
If you have multiple components on a VM, select the order considering the latter component on the VM from the list.
- vRealize Automation 8.x: Ensure that all services are offline. Back up all vRealize Automation 8.x nodes at the same time.