After the recovery is complete, you must validate that the environment and application functionality is restored.
- Verify that the Messaging server is connected.
- Log in to vRealize Automation appliance Web Interface on https://<IP of VM>:5480/ by using root credentials.
- Click the vRealize Automation tab to verify that the status of the Messaging Server is
- Verify that the vRealize Automation services are registered.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation appliance Web Interface on https://<IP of VM>:5480/ by using root credentials.
- Click the Services tab to verify that the vRealize Automation services, except for the IaaS service, have the status of
- If RabbitMQ fails to register correctly, see KB 2106969 to reset RabbitMQ.
Click vRealize Automation tab to reset RabbitMQ for every virtual appliance node in the cluster.
- Verify that your IaaS database host and MSSQL are running.
- Start the IaaS Website hosts and ensure that IIS server is running.
- Start the IaaS Manager Service hosts and ensure that the VMware Manager Service and Windows service are running on the active node only.
- Verify that the vRealize Automation IaaS Web Appliance is functioning properly. Enter the following address in the Web browser: https://<IP-of-VM-or-LB>/repository/data/managementmodelentities.svc/ and ensure that it is working.