You can update vSphere Replication from version 5.5.x to a later 5.5.x update release by using vSphere Update Manager.
About this task
Update Manager 5.5.x contains the update information for vSphere Replication 5.5.x update releases. Using Update Manager is the easiest way to update vSphere Replication, especially for large environments that contain multiple vSphere Replication servers. You can update multiple vSphere Replication servers at the same time.
You installed vSphere Replication 5.5.x or upgraded vSphere Replication to version 5.5.x by using the downloadable ISO file. If you are running an older version of vSphere Replication, you must upgrade to version 5.5.x before you can use Update Manager to install a later 5.5.x update release.
You updated vCenter Server to the corresponding 5.5.x update release.
Verify that you installed Update Manager 5.5.x and installed the Update Manager client plug-in on the vCenter Server instance that you use with vSphere Replication.
- In the Update Manager interface, click the Configuration tab, click Download Settings, and select the VMware VAs download source.
You can deselect all other download sources.
- Click Apply and click Download Now to download the latest updates.
- Click the Baselines and Groups tab, select VMs/VAs, and click Create to create an update baseline for virtual appliances.
- Type a name and a description for this update baseline, and select VA Upgrade as the baseline type.
- Click Add Multiple Rules and set the update rules to create the update baseline.
Select VMware Inc.
Select vSphere Replication Appliance and vSphere Replication Server
- Click OK, click Next, and click Finish.
The update baseline is created.
- In the VMs and Templates view, select the vSphere Replication appliance and click the Update Manager tab.
- Click Attach, select the baseline that you created, and click Attach to attach the baseline to the vSphere Replication appliance.
- Click Scan to discover the update version available.
- Click Remediate and follow the prompts to start the update of the vSphere Replication appliance.
You can monitor the progress of the update in the Recent Tasks panel and verify that the appliance is updated after the task finishes.
- Select a vSphere Replication server in the Inventory and click the Update Manager tab.
- Click Attach, select the baseline that you created, and click Attach to attach the baseline to the vSphere Replication server.
- Click Remediate and follow the prompts to start the update of the vSphere Replication server.
- Repeat 11 to 13 for all vSphere Replication servers.
What to do next
If you configured vSphere Replication to accept only certificates that are signed by a trusted certificate authority, after an update you must reconnect the vSphere Replication appliances.