vSphere Replication prevents you from resizing the virtual machine disk file during replication. If you did not use replication seeds during configuration of the target disk, vSphere Replication deletes the target disk when you stop the replication.
About this task
To resize a virtual machine disk if you did not initially use replication seeds, you must perform a recovery and reconfigure the disk manually using replication seeds.
- Perform a recovery.
- Unconfigure the replication.
- Resize the disk on the source site.
- Resize the disk on the recovered virtual machine on the target site.
- Unregister the recovered virtual machine on the target site, but do not delete the disks.
- Enable replication by using the disks of the recovered virtual machine as seeds.