The vSphere Replication appliance contains a vSphere Replication server. If you deploy additional vSphere Replication servers, the server settings are established during deployment. You can modify the settings after you deploy the server.
About this task
A vSphere Replication server does not require additional configuration through the virtual appliance management interface (VAMI) after deployment. To increase security, you can change the root password of the vSphere Replication server and install a new certificate. Using a self-signed certificate provides the benefit of public-key based encryption and authentication, although using such a certificate does not provide the level of assurance offered when you use a certificate signed by a certificate authority.
You can also reconfigure the network settings for the vSphere Replication server virtual appliance.
You deployed an optional vSphere Replication server in addition to the vSphere Replication appliance, and the server is powered on.
- Log into the VAMI of the vSphere Replication server in a Web browser. A sample address might be https://<vr_server_address>:5480.
- Log in to the vSphere Replication server configuration interface as root.
Use the root password you set when you deployed the vSphere Replication server.
- Click the VRS tab.
- (Optional) : Click Configuration to generate or upload a new certificate.
Generate and install a self-signed certificate
Click Generate and Install.
Upload an existing SSL certificate
Click Browse next to the Upload PKCS#12 (*.pfx) file text box to browse for an existing certificate, and click Upload and Install.
- (Optional) : Click Security to change the Super User password for the vSphere Replication server.
root is the Super User.
- (Optional) : Click the Network tab to change the network settings.
View current network settings
Set static or DHCP IPv4 or IPv6 addresses
Click Address, and select DHCP, Static, or None for IPv4 addresses.
Select Auto or Static for IPv6 addresses. If you select Static, type the default gateway and DNS server addresses to use.
Configure proxy server
Click Proxy, select the Use a proxy server check box, and type the proxy server address and port number.
If you do not click Save Settings, changes are discarded.
- (Optional) : Select vSphere Replication service. to restart the
- (Optional) : Select vSphere Replication server appliance. to reboot the