You set the password of the vSphere Replication appliance when you deploy the appliance. You can change the password after installation by using the virtual appliance management interface (VAMI).
- Verify that the vSphere Replication appliance is powered on.
- You must have administrator privileges to configure the vSphere Replication appliance.
- You updated vCenter Server to the corresponding 5.5.x update release.
- Use a supported browser to log in to the vSphere Replication VAMI.
The URL for the VAMI is https:// vr-appliance-address:5480.
- Type the root user name and password for the appliance.
You configured the root password during the OVF deployment of the vSphere Replication appliance.
- Click the VR tab and click Security.
- Type the current password in the Current Password text box.
- Type the new password in the New Password and the Confirm New Password text boxes.
The password must be a minimum of eight characters. vSphere Replication does not support blank passwords.
- Click Apply to change the password.