In this example, you create a vSphere Replication user who can only configure replication between sites and use a specific datastore on the target site.
- Verify that two sites are connected.
- Verify that you have another user account for each site.
- Log in as the Administrator user on the source site.
- Select VRM virtual machine replication user role with the propagate option. and assign to this user the
- Assign the same privilege on the target replication site.
- On the target site, select the datastore to store your replica files, and select .
- Edit the assigned permission and assign the VRM target datastore user role.
- Log in as that user on the source site, select the virtual machine, and click Configure Replication to start the configuration wizard.
- Select the target site and enter the same user credentials.
- Accept the default selections until Target Location.
- For the target location, select the datastore to which you granted permission.
Selecting a datastore for which the user lacks the Target datastore user role results in the error message Permission to perform this operation was denied.