If the address of vCenter Server is not set to a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or to a literal address, the vSphere Replication service can stop unexpectedly or fail to start after a reboot.
The vSphere Replication service stops running or does not start after a reboot. The error unable to resolve host: non-fully-qualified-name appears in the vSphere Replication logs.
- In the vSphere Web Client, select the vCenter Server instance and click to check that the VirtualCenter.FQDN key is set to either a fully qualified domain name or to a literal address.
- Use a supported browser to log in to the vSphere Replication VAMI.
The URL for the VAMI is https:// vr-appliance-address:5480.
- Review and confirm the browser security exception, if applicable, to proceed to the login page.
- Type the root user name and password for the appliance.
You configured the root password during the OVF deployment of the vSphere Replication appliance.
- Enter the same FQDN or literal address for vCenter Server as you set for the VirtualCenter.FQDN key.
- Click Save and Restart Service to apply the changes.