You set the password of the vSphere Replication appliance when you deploy the appliance. You can change the password after installation by using the virtual appliance management interface (VAMI).
Verify that the vSphere Replication appliance is powered on.
Verify that you have administrator privileges to configure the vSphere Replication appliance.
Verify that the vCenter Server version is upgraded to vCenter Server 6.0.
- Use a supported browser to log in to the vSphere Replication VAMI.
The URL for the VAMI is https://vr-appliance-address:5480.
- Type the root user name and password for the appliance.
You configured the root password during the OVF deployment of the vSphere Replication appliance.
- Click the VR tab and click Security.
- Type the current password in the Current Password text box.
- Type the new password in the New Password and the Confirm New Password text boxes.
The password must be a minimum of eight characters. vSphere Replication does not support blank passwords.
- Click Apply to change the password.