After you upgrade the vCenter Server that contains the vSphere Replication 5.8 virtual appliance, the vSphere Replication user interface is no longer visible in the vSphere Web Client.
If you upgrade a vSphere Replication appliance that runs in a vCenter Server 5.1.x, and later upgrade the vCenter Server to version 5.5, the user interface components that are related to vSphere Replication are no longer visible in the vSphere Web Client interface.
This problem occurs because after the upgrade of the vCenter Server instance, vSphere Replication needs to update its extension registration in vCenter Server.
- Use a supported browser to log in to the virtual appliance management interface (VAMI) of the vSphere Replication appliance that is managed by the updated vCenter Server.
The VAMI URL is https://vr_appliance_address:5480. For a list of browsers that vSphere Replication VAMI supports, see https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/studio/studio25/release_notes.html.
- On the VR tab, click Configuration.
- Under Actions, click Save and Restart.
- After the save and restart operations complete, log out of the VAMI.
- Clear the browser cache, log out of the vSphere Web Client, and log in again.