If a vSphere Replication appliance is deleted before all replications that it manages are stopped, target datastores remain tagged with the com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks tag.
About this task
If a target datastore that is tagged with com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks is part of a datastore cluster where Storage DRS is enabled, some operations, like Enter maintenance mode, might not succeed when the vSphere Replication Management server is missing.
The vSphere Replication appliance is deleted.
Required privilege: vCenter Server instance.on the root
- Use the vSphere Web Client to log in to the target vCenter Server.
- In the search text box on the upper right, enter com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks and search for the tag.
The list of users and groups that have permissions to manage the com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks tag appears.
- Click the Related Objects tab.
The list of datastores that have the com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks tag assigned appears.
- Right-click a datastore and select .
- In the Remove Tag dialog box, select the row that contains com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks and click Remove.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all datastores that are assigned the com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks tag.