The workflow configures replication for a virtual machine or vApp from a cloud site to the local site.
If the virtual machine is not powered on, replication is configured but full initial synchronization is completed when the virtual machine is powered on. You cannot run the workflow for a virtual machine which has a configured replication.
- Verify that you have a configured the connection between your vSphere environment and a virtual data center. For more information on how to pair with a cloud site, see Pair with Cloud Site Workflow.
- Verify that you have registered the login credentials for the cloud site that you want to use. See Register Cloud Site Workflow.
- Log in to vRealize Orchestrator client as an administrator.
- Navigate to .
- In the search box, enter Configure Replication from Cloud and press Enter.
- Click the workflow and click Run.
- Enter the input parameters that the workflow requires, and click Run.
Table 1. Configure Replication from Cloud Workflow Inputs Input Description Source Cloud Site Remote cloud site. Source vApp vApp or virtual machine to be replicated. Target Datastore Local datastore to replicate to. Replication Settings RPO in minutes Recovery point objective in minutes (default value is 240). Guest OS quiescing Enabling OS quiescing improves data consistency, but limits RPO time. Network compression Enabling replication data compression reduces the network bandwidth, but increases CPU utilization. Point in time instances Maximum supported number of snapshots per virtual machine is 24. Points in time enabled Instances per day (multiplied by number of days should not exceed 24) Number of snapshots taken per day. Number of days Number of days for which snapshots are kept.