You can reconfigure a replication to enable or disable the saving of point in time instances, or to change the number of instances that vSphere Replication keeps.
vSphere Replication can save replication instances that can be used as snapshots after recovery or planned migration operations. You can save up to 24 point in time instances per VM.
- Log in to the vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client.
- On the home page, click Site Recovery and click Open Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, select a site pair and click View Details.
- Click the Replications tab and select a replication from Outgoing or Incoming.
- Click the Reconfigure icon.
- Click Next until you reach the Replication settings page of the Reconfigure Replication wizard.
- In the Point in time instances pane, make the changes that you want to apply and click Next.
Action Procedure Enable the saving of point in time instances Select the Enable point in time instances check box. Disable the saving of point in time instances Deselect the Enable point in time instances check box. Adjust the number of instances to keep and for how long to keep them Use the spin-boxes to adjust the number of instances (no more than 24 per virtual machine) to keep per day and the number of past days for which you want to keep replication instances.
- Click Finish to save your changes.
If you selected to disable the saving of point in time instances, the instances that exist on the target site are deleted when the next replication instance appears on the target site. The moment when a new replication instance is saved on the target site depends on the RPO setting.