By default, the vSphere Replication Server appliance has one VM network adapter. You can add network adapters to the appliance and configure vSphere Replication to use a separate adapter for each traffic type.
The default VM network adapter that is used by the vSphere Replication Server for management and replication traffic. Use the following procedure to add a second adapter to the vSphere Replication appliance for each traffic type.
- Verify that you have deployed the vSphere Replication Server appliance in your environment and that it is registered as a vSphere Replication Server in the vSphere Web Client.
- Verify that you have at least one additional vSphere Replication server in your environment.
- Power off the vSphere Replication appliance and edit the VM Hardware settings to add a new VM NIC.
- Right-click the VM and select Edit Settings.
- From the New Device drop-down menu at the bottom of the Virtual Hardware tab, click Network Adapter.
The new network adapter appears in the list of devices at the right.
- (Optional) If you want to isolate the NFC traffic from the replication traffic, click Add again to add another VM NIC to handle the NFC traffic separately.
The first network adapter must be attached to the replication traffic port group and the other network adapter is for the NFC traffic port group.
- To verify that Connect At Power On is selected, expand the properties of the new network adapter or adapters, if you want to isolate the NFC from the replication traffic.
You can assign a static MAC address or leave the text box empty to obtain an IP address automatically.
- Click OK to close the Edit Setting dialog box.
- Power on the vSphere Replication appliance.
- From the Summary tab of the vSphere Replication appliance, take note of the IP address of the new network adapters.
You can click View all XX IP addresses to see the IP addresses of the new VM NICs.
- Use a supported browser to log in to the VRMS Appliance Management Interface of an additional vSphere Replication server.
The URL for the VRMS Appliance Management Interface is https:// vr-appliance-address:5480.
- Click on Summary, then click Change.
- Enter the IP addresses of the new VM NICs that you want to use to isolate the network traffic of vSphere Replication.
Option Description IP Address for Incoming Storage Traffic The IP address of a VM NIC to be used by the vSphere Replication Server for incoming replication data. IP Address for VRMS Management Traffic The IP address of a VM NIC to be used by the vSphere Replication Management Server to manage the vSphere Replication Server.
- Click Apply Network Settings.