You can reconfigure a replication to change the datastore where replicated data is saved.
To change the target datastore, the old target datastore from which you want to move the replication data must be online. If the old datastore is inaccessible, the reconfiguration task fails. To change the target datastore when the old datastore is inaccessible, you must stop the replication to the old datastore and configure another replication to the new datastore.
- Log in to the vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client.
- On the home page, click Site Recovery and click Open Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, select a site pair and click View Details.
- Click the Replications tab and select a replication from Outgoing or Incoming.
- Click the Reconfigure icon.
- Click Next to reach the Target datastore page of the Reconfigure Replication wizard.
- Select the new target datastore.
- Click Next until you reach the Ready to complete page and click Finish to save your settings.
vSphere Replication moves all replicated instances and configuration files to the new target datastore according to your settings.