If you delete the vSphere Replication appliance before stopping all its replications, target datastores remain tagged with the com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks tag. To prevent errors, remove the tags from all target datastores that that were used for replications by the deleted vSphere Replication appliance.
If a target datastore that is tagged with com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks is part of a datastore cluster where Storage DRS is enabled, some operations, like Enter maintenance mode, might not succeed when the vSphere Replication Management server is missing.
- Verify that the vSphere Replication appliance is deleted.
- Verify that you have the required privilege on the root vCenter Server instance ( .)
- Log in to the vSphere Client on the target site.
- In the search box enter com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks, press enter and click the tag.
- Click the Objects tab.
- Right-click a datastore and select .
- In the Remove Tag dialog box, select the row that contains com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks and click Remove.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all datastores that are assigned the com.vmware.vr.HasVrDisks tag.