The vSphere Replication appliance provides all the components that vSphere Replication requires.
- Site Recovery user interface that provides a full functionality for working with vSphere Replication.
- A plug-in to the vSphere Web Client and vSphere Client that provides a user interface for troubleshooting vSphere Replication health status and links to the Site Recovery standalone user interface.
- A VMware standard embedded vPostgreSQL database that stores the replication configuration and management information. vSphere Replication does not support external databases.
- A vSphere Replication management server:
- Configures the vSphere Replication server.
- Enables, manages, and monitors replications.
- Authenticates users and checks their permissions to perform vSphere Replication operations.
- A vSphere Replication server that provides the core of the vSphere Replication infrastructure.
The vSphere Replication appliance provides a virtual appliance management interface (VRMS Appliance Management Interface.) You can use the VRMS Appliance Management Interface to configure the appliance after deployment. For example, you can use the VRMS Appliance Management Interface to change the appliance security settings or change the network settings. You can deploy additional vSphere Replication Servers using a separate .ovf package.