The vSphere Replication appliance includes an embedded vSphere Replication Server by default. If you want to disable the embedded vSphere Replication server, you can do so using SSH.
Verify that no replications are using the embedded server. Stop the replications or move them to a different server.
- Use SSH into the vSphere Replication appliance and enter:
# /opt/vmware/hms/bin/hms-configtool -cmd reconfig -property hms-embedded-hbr=false
- Restart the HMS service.
# service hms restart
- Unregister the embedded vSphere Replication server from the Replication Servers view.
- On the Site Recovery home page, select a site pair and click View Details.
- On the Site Pair tab, select Replication Servers and find the vSphere Replication server in the list.
If you have both vSphere Replication and Site Recovery Manager installed, you can find Replication Servers on the Site Pair tab, under Configure.
- Select the server and click the Unregister icon.
What to do next
# /opt/vmware/hms/bin/hms-configtool -cmd reconfig -property hms-embedded-hbr=true # service hms restart