You can forward the vSphere Replication Appliance log files to a remote syslog server to conduct an analysis of your logs.
- Log in to the VRMS Appliance Management Interface as admin.
- In the VRMS Appliance Management Interface, select Syslog Forwarding.
- Click New, and enter the server address of the destination host in the New Syslog Forwarding pane.
- From the Protocol drop-down menu, select the protocol to use.
- In the Port text box, enter the port number to use with the destination host.
The default port number is 514.
- Click OK.
- Verify that the remote syslog server is receiving messages.
- In the Syslog Forwarding section, click Send Test Message.
- Verify that the test message is received on the remote syslog server.