By default, the combined vSphere Replication appliance has one VM network adapter. You can add a second adapter to the appliance, and configure vSphere Replication to use the second adapter only for the incoming replication traffic.
- Verify that the vSphere Replication virtual appliance is deployed and registered with the vCenter Server.
- Make a note of the IP address of the VM network adapter.
- Power off the vSphere Replication appliance and edit the VM Hardware settings to add a new VM NIC.
- Right-click the VM and select Edit Settings.
- From the New Device drop-down menu at the bottom of the Virtual Hardware tab, click Network Adapter.
The new network adapter appears in the list of devices at the right.
- Expand the properties of the new network adapter to verify that Connect At Power On is selected.
You can assign a static MAC address or leave the text box empty to obtain an IP address automatically.
- Click OK to close the Edit Setting dialog box.
- Power on the vSphere Replication appliance.
- From the Summary tab of the vSphere Replication appliance, take a note of the IP address of the new network adapter.
You can click View all XX IP addresses to see the IP address of the new NIC.
- Use a supported browser to log in to the VRMS Appliance Management Interface .
The URL for the VRMS Appliance Management Interface is https:// vr-appliance-address:5480.Note: After powering on the vSphere Replication, the VRMS Appliance Management Interface address might change to the new network adapter’s IP address.
- Click on Summary, then click Change.
- In the IP Address for Incoming Storage Traffic text box, enter the IP address of the new network adapter that you added and click Save.
The vSphere Replication appliance uses the IP address that you assigned only for the incoming replication traffic.