Create a vSphere Replication user who can modify the replication infrastructure, but cannot register additional vSphere Replication servers.
- Verify that you have a replication site.
- Verify that you have another user account to which you can assign the modified privileges.
- Log in to the vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client.
- On the home page, click Administration and click Roles.
- Select the VRM Administrator role and click the Clone role action icon.
- In the cloned role, deselect the privilege.
- Navigate to the vCenter Server instance.
- On the Permissions tab, click the Add permission icon.
- Select the user that must have the privileges defined by the selected role.
- Select the cloned VRM Administrator role from the Assigned Role drop-down menu.
- Select the Propagate to children check box.
Trying to register a vSphere Replication server results in the error message Permission to perform this operation was denied.