VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware vSphere Replication 220.127.116.11 | 15 JUN 2021 | Build 18119169 | Download
VMware vRealize Operations Manager 8.4 | 2021 | Build 17863947 | Release Notes
VMware vSphere Replication 18.104.22.168 | 15 JUN 2021 | Build 18008605 | Download
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware vSphere Replication 22.214.171.124 is a minor product patch release. The content of the VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware vSphere Replication 8.4 Release Notes applies to this version as well.
Check frequently for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release Notes
These release notes cover the following topics:
The VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for vSphere Replication 126.96.36.199 provides support for vRealize Operations Cloud.
Installation and Configuration
The VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for vSphere Replication 188.8.131.52 software is distributed as PAK file. You install and configure the management pack by using the vRealize Operations Manager interface.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager.
- Select Administration > Solutions > Repository in the left pane.
- Click Add a Management Pack.
- Navigate to the
vrAdapterPak-8.4.0.x.pakfile and click Upload. When the PAK file is uploaded, click Next.
- Read and agree to the end-user license agreement. Click Next to install the management pack.
- Review the installation progress, and click Finish when the installation completes.
After the installation completes you must configure the VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for vSphere Replication 8.4 so that vRealize Operation Manager can collect data from the target system. The minimum role required to collect data is the VRM replication viewer. For more information on roles and permissions, see vSphere Replication Roles and Permissions.
- Select Administration > Solutions > Configuration in the left pane.
- On the Configuration tab, select VR Adapter, and click Configure on the toolbar below.
- Enter the required information in the Manage Solutions wizard and click Save Settings.
- NEW You cannot add the vSphere Replication Adapter in vRealize Operations
When you try to add the vSphere Replication adapter in vRealize Operations, the process fails with the following error:
com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.exception.CertificateValidationException: Server certificate chain is not trusted and thumbprint verification is not configured
This issue is resolved in vRealize Operations Management Pack for vSphere Replication 184.108.40.206.
- You cannot configure the vSphere Replication adapter
When you try to configure the vSphere Replication adapter, the process fails with the following error:
Cannot verify login credentials. The authentication service infrastructure is not responding
This error might occur due to the case-sensitive vCenter Server credentials.
Workaround: Verify that your vCenter Server credentials are correct. You can check the lowercase and uppercase letters, for example email@example.com instead of Administrator@vsphere.local.