You can use the vSphere Replication 8.6 Configuration Import/Export Tool to import the replication configuration data for over 200 replications. You can import the data from a previously exported XML file.
When you have an environment with over 200 replications, the replications are spread on more than one vSphere Replication server. After you export the replication configuration data, you must change the exported XML file to balance the replication workload.
- Verify that you have Java 1.8.x installed and environment variables configured.
- The JAVA_HOME environment variable must be properly configured. For example, JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_152 for Windows, or JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.8.0_152 for Linux.
- Verify that you have a site pair with vSphere Replication 8.6.x up and running on both the protected and the recovery site.
- Copy the exported XML file, so that you have two identical files.
For example, exported_vr_config.xml and exported_vr_config.1.xml.
- Open exported_vr_config.xml in a text editor and change the replication number to 200 or less.
- Open exported_vr_config.1.xml in a text editor and change the replication number to the remaining replications in your environment.
- Change the target vSphere Replication server name in
- Import exported_vr_config.xml that contains 200 replication configurations or less.
- Deploy a second vSphere Replication server on the target site.
- Import exported_vr_config.1.xml.