After configuring vSphere Replication, you can move replications to other vSphere Replication Server instances. You might do this to complete maintenance tasks on existing servers or to balance the load on the servers if one server becomes overloaded with replications.
You must have an additional vSphere Replication Server deployed and registered, apart from the embedded vSphere Replication Server.
- Log in to the vSphere Client on the source site.
- On the home page, click Site Recovery and click Open Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, select a site pair and click View Details.
- Click the Replications tab and select a replication from Outgoing or Incoming.
- Click the Reconfigure icon.
- On the Target site page of the Reconfigure Replication wizard, select Manually select vSphere Replication Server.
- Select a different vSphere Replication Server instance from the list and click Next until you finish the wizard.
Note: You can see the list of replications handled by each vSphere Replication Server and if some load balancing is needed, the replications can switch to a less loaded vSphere Replication Server.
If you use the Auto-assign vSphere Replication Server option, the vSphere Replication Server will not be changed and the load balancing will not be autotriggered.