You can retrieve the database upgrade log files manually for examination.
You can retrieve the database upgrade logs after you complete the vCenter Server upgrade process.
- Navigate to the database upgrade log locations.
- Open the database upgrade logs in a text editor for examination.
You can examine the log files for the details of your database upgrade process.
Example: Database Upgrade Locations
- For pre-upgrade checks, review the %TEMP%\..\vcsUpgrade\vcdb_req.out file.
The vcdb_req.err file tracks any errors that were identified during the pre-upgrade phase.
- For export details, review the %TEMP%\..\vcsUpgrade\vcdb_export.out file.
The vcdb_export.err file contains errors that were identified during the export phase of the upgrade.
- For import details, review the ProgramData\Vmware\CIS\logs\vmware\vpx\vcdb_import.out file.
The vcdb_import.err file contains errors that were identified during the import phase of the upgrade process.
- For in-place upgrade log details, review the ProgramData\Vmware\CIS\logs\vmware\vpx\vcdb_inplace.out file.
The vcdb_inplace.err file contains in-place upgrade errors.
What to do next
Examine the vcdb_inplace.* log files.