You can use third party tools such as Chrome Developer Tools or Firebug to reveal the data that you can then use to construct a vRealize Automation REST API service call.
Avant de commencer
This example shows how you might use the Chrome Developer Tools to perform a catalog service query. This option is not available for all vRealize Automation functions.
Open a Chrome browser session and log in to the vRealize Automation console as a business group user with access to catalog items.
Open a command prompt or a shell and log in to the vRealize Automation command line interface.
Pourquoi et quand exécuter cette tâche
You can adapt these steps to perform a different action, such as adding a tenant.
- Click the Catalog tab in the vRealize Automation console.
- Click the catalog Item you want to request.
- Enter the request information for the catalog item, but do not submit your changes.
- Press the Ctrl-Shift-I keys simultaneously to open the Chrome Developer Tools. For example:
- Click the Network tab.
- Click Record Network Log.
- Click Submit in the console.
- Verify that the network logs in the Chrome Developer Tools contain the relevant data. For example:
- Locate a makeRequest POST in the network recordings.
- Click makeRequest POST to view its details.
- Scroll to view the Form Data url and postData sections.
The url section shows the vRealize Automation service and URI for you to use. This example uses the catalog-service, under the uri consumer/requests.
The postData section shows the JSON data passed in the HTTP POST call. You can insert the JSON data in a JSON file, for example request.json, and submit it with the POST method in the command line.Remarque :
Click Clear to purge the network logs if they become too large to navigate easily.
- Enter the following call in the vRealize Automation shell, where the request.json text file contains the JSON data from the postData section.
rest post --headers --service catalog-service --uri consumer/requests --data request.json
This call makes the same request that was submitted by using the console.