Before you can define an external IPAM integration point in vRealize Automation, you need a configured IPAM provider package.
You can download a provider-specific integration package from your IPAM provider's website, from the VMware solutions exchange marketplace or, if available, from the vRealize Automation Marketplace tab.
Infoblox.zip, which is available for download from VMware Marketplace as follows:
- vRA Cloud Infoblox plugin version 1.2 - Compatible with vRealize Automation 8.1.x and 8.2.x
- vRA Cloud Infoblox plugin version 1.1 - Compatible with vRealize Automation 8.1.x
- vRA Cloud Infoblox plugin version 1.0 - Compatible with vRealize Automation 8.0.1.x with or without an internet connection to the global network.
- vRA Cloud Infoblox plugin version 0.4 - Compatible with vRealize Automation 8.0.0.x and 8.0.1.x when there is an internet connection with the global network.
IPAM integration with Infoblox depends on Infoblox WAPI version v2.7. All Infoblox appliances that support WAPI v2.7 are supported.
For information about how to create an IPAM integration package for other IPAM providers, if one does not already exist in the Marketplace, see How do I use the IPAM SDK to create a provider-specific external IPAM integration package for vRealize Automation.
The IPAM provider package contains scripts that are packaged with metadata and other configurations. The scripts contain the source code used for the operations that vRealize Automation performs in coordination with the external IPAM provider. Example operations include Allocate an IP address for a virtual machine, Fetch a list of IP ranges from the provider, and Update the MAC address of a host record in the provider.
- Verify that you have cloud administrator credentials. See Inloggegevens die vereist zijn voor het werken met cloudaccounts in vRealize Automation.
- Verify that you have the cloud administrator user role. See Wat zijn de vRealize Automation-gebruikersrollen.
- Verify that you have an account with the external IPAM provider, for example Infoblox or Bluecat, and that you have the correct access credentials to your organization's account with the IPAM provider.
- If you are using Infobox as your external IPAM provider, verify that you have added the required extensible attributes to your Infoblox account before continuing. See Vereiste uitbreidbaarheidskenmerken in de Infoblox-applicatie toevoegen voor integratie met vRealize Automation.
A certificate chain issue exists that is derived from how the Python element in the Infoblox plug-in handles SSL handshakes. For information about the issue and its required actions, see Knowledge Base Article vRA Cloud Infoblox Plugin throws a certificate chain error during authentication process (88057).
- Navigate to the vRA Cloud Infoblox plugin version 1.1 package page at VMware Marketplace.
- Log in and download the plug-in package.
- If you have not already done so, add the required extensible attributes in Infoblox. See Vereiste uitbreidbaarheidskenmerken in de Infoblox-applicatie toevoegen voor integratie met vRealize Automation.