You can deploy Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu on a vSphere Client.
- have a vCenter Server.
- meet the system requirements.
- the selected network has Internet connectivity for future support and upgrade.
- Right-click on a resource (any datacenter, cluster, ESXi host) on which you want to install Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu and select Deploy OVF Template.
- Download the OVA package from the Product Download page.
- Enter an unique name and select a location for the deployment.
- On the Compute Resource page, select a host or a cluster or a resource pool to deploy.
- On the Review details page, verify the details.
- Accept the End User License Agreement and click Next.
- On the Select Storage page,
- Select a virtual disk format (Thin or Thick).
- Select a datastore or a datastore cluster to store the deployment files.
- Click Next.
- Select a network to use after deployment.
Note: Ensure that the selected network has Internet connectivity for future support and upgrade.
- On the Customize template page,
Note: The default admin user name is
- Set a password for the Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu appliance root user.
- Enter the NTP server name to synchronize the time.
Note: Ensure that the VM can reach NTP server. The services will fail to start if NTP time is out of sync.
- Define a password for the Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu admin user.
adminwith ROOT user role.
Note: If you do not provide network properties, then Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu assumes that the VM is connected to network that has a DHCP for the network.
- To secure sensitive data, assign an encryption password. Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu stores passwords of your resources like vCenter, VMs,repositories in an encrypted format.
Note: Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu uses the built-in pgcrypto functions from PostgreSQL for encryption.
- Select the Install Harbor option to create the harbor repository, which enables you to upload images into the repository without internet.
Note: VMware recommends to use this option in the testing environment only. Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu supports built-in harbor repository, which allows you to store your application images that you create during containerization. You can access the harbor repository by using this link
https://ATVT-IP/harbor or https://FQDN/harborand log in using the admin credentials that you have defined for Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu admin user.
- Enter the Network Properties like Default gateway, Domain Name, and Domain Search Path.
- Click Next.
- Verify the deployment details and click Finish.
Application Transformer for VMware Tanzu gets deployed successfully.
What to do next
- Power on the deployment.
- Log in to the appliance by using the IP address and the admin credentials you used during deployment.