Some virtual machine settings are available for end users to edit. If you want to edit a setting which is dimmed or not editable, contact your Horizon FLEX administrator.
About this task
For other information about editing the virtual machine settings, see the appropriate documentation.
For specific information about changing the Horizon FLEX virtual machine encryption password, see Change the Virtual Machine Encryption Password in Workstation Player.
For information about other virtual machine settings, see the VMware Workstation Player documentation at https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workstation-Player/index.html.
Have the following information available:
The encryption password for the virtual machine. You will need this password to open the virtual machine.
If applicable, the restrictions password for the virtual machine. You need this password to modify certain settings.
- Double-click the VMware Player icon or select Workstation Player. to start
- In the VMware Player window, click Open a Virtual Machine.
- Browse to and select the virtual machine configuration (.vmx) file for the virtual machine and click Open.
- Enter the encryption password and click OK to open the virtual machine.
- In the right pane, click Edit virtual machine settings.
- Select the virtual machine setting to modify.
To access and modify certain settings, you must click Unlock all settings and enter the restrictions password.
Depending on the restriction policy setting, the Unlock all settings button in the Virtual Machine Settings dialog box might be hidden.
Your Horizon FLEX administrator controls whether you can change the virtual machine's memory or number of processor cores. If these options are unavailable (dimmed), your administrator limited your ability to configure them.
- Modify the setting and click OK to save your changes.