If your administrator did not select the Set the power on passphrase to match the user's AD passphrase after first startup option when configuring your virtual machine, you can freely change the password.
About this task
When administrators create a Horizon FLEX virtual machine, they can require the virtual machine to be encrypted with your Active Directory passphrase at first startup. Open this type of virtual machine with your Active Directory password. If the virtual machine does not take your Active Directory passphrase as the encryption password at first startup, you are free to change the encryption password at any time.
Verify that the Horizon FLEX virtual machine does not take your Active Directory passphrase as the encryption password at first startup.
- Double-click the VMware Player icon or select Workstation Player. to start
- In the VMware Player window, click Open a Virtual Machine.
- Browse to and select the virtual machine configuration (.vmx) file for the virtual machine and click Open.
- Enter the encryption password and click OK to open the virtual machine.
- In the right pane, click Edit virtual machine settings.
- Click the Options tab.
- In the left pane, click Access Control.
- In the right pane, click Change Password.
- Enter the current password and new password as prompted and click OK.
- Click OK again.
The password change is finished.