If your Horizon FLEX virtual machine is on a USB device or deployed to your Windows machine, register it with the Horizon FLEX server. Only then can you open it in Workstation Player.
About this task
If your administrator instructed you to download the Horizon FLEX virtual machine, connect to the Horizon FLEX server and download the virtual machine to your Windows machine. You can then open it in Workstation Player. See Download a Horizon FLEX Virtual Machine with Workstation Player.
Obtain the following information from your Horizon FLEX administrator:
Instructions about whether to turn on a VPN connection.
Instructions about whether to install certificates on your Windows computer.
Credentials for connecting to the Horizon FLEX server and logging in to your virtual machine.
The encryption password for the virtual machine. You will need this password to open the virtual machine.
Install Workstation Player on your Windows machine. See Install or Upgrade the Horizon FLEX Client for Windows.
If your virtual machine is on a USB device, connect the USB device to your computer and copy the virtual machine to your computer.
If a VPN connection is required, turn on the VPN.
- Double-click the VMware Player icon or select Workstation Player. to start
- In the VMware Player window, click Open a Virtual Machine.
- Browse to and select the virtual machine configuration (.vmx) file for the virtual machine and click Open.
- Type the encryption password that your Horizon FLEX administrator provided and click OK.
- Type the credentials that your Horizon FLEX administrator provided for the Horizon FLEX server and click Connect to connect to the server.
You must connect to the Horizon FLEX server to register your virtual machine.
- When the disclaimer message appears, click Power On if you agree.
The virtual machine powers on.
- Log in to the guest operating system with the login credentials that your Horizon FLEX administrator provided.
If configured by your Horizon FLEX administrator, you use the password that your administrator provided only the first time that you access the virtual machine.
When you open a virtual machine, if you enter an incorrect password three times consecutively, the system locks you out of the virtual machine for 15 minutes.
What to do next
If your virtual machine does not start, see Troubleshooting Horizon FLEX Virtual Machines.