You can monitor the health of each component in the SDDC management stack using the widgets present in the dashboard.
- Download the VMware SDDC Health Monitoring Solution from VMware Solutions Exchange.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager and install the VMware SDDC Health Monitoring Solution.
- Ensure that you have configured the latest version of Management Pack for NSX for vSphere. For more information on configuring NSX management pack, see the vRealize Operations Management Pack for NSX for vSphere from the VMware Solution Exchange website.
- For a VMware vCenter® Server 6.0 U1/U2/U3 latest patch, ensure that it is a self-managed VC.
Note: The VMware SDDC Health Monitoring Solution 6.0 does not support the vCenter 5.5/6.0 GA.
- Ensure that you have configured vCenter Server using vSphere solution.
- Ensure that the time between vRealize Operations Manager and vCenter Server is synchronized.
- Ensure that VMware Tools 10.1 or later for VMware vCenter® Server 6.0 U1/U2/U3 latest patch is installed and running in the guest operating system of the virtual machines on which the vCenter server runs.
- Ensure that all the endpoint adapter instances are configured and are in the data collection state.
- SDDC Health Adapter uses a vRealize Operations Management Pack for vSAN adapter to monitor VMware vSAN health.
- Verify that you have installed VMware Site Recovery Manager and configured your vCenter Server, where you have VMware Site Recovery Manager enabled site as an instance under VMware Site Recovery Manager adapter.
- Verify that you have installed and configured vRealize Orchestrator.
- Verify that you have configured your vCenter Server, where you have VMware vSAN enabled clusters as an instance under VMware vSAN adapter.
- Verify that you have configured the NSX-T adapter instance to retrieve NSX-T health.
- Verify that you have configured vRealize Automation 8.1 intance to retrieve vRA 8.1 health.
- If VMware Tools 10.1 is not installed or is of an earlier version, VMs cannot discover services.
- For a vCenter service monitoring 6.0 U1/U2/U3 latest patch, the VMware SDDC Health Monitoring Solution does not support the Open VMware Tool.
- When you upgrade to the latest version of VMware SDDC Health Monitoring Solution, ensure that the SDDC group policy is applied. For more information, see Apply Policy to SDDC Health Group.
- For a vRealize Automation 7.3 or an earlier version component, Microsoft SQL plugin must have SQL permissions to connect to SQL server. Under the Server Properties of MS SQL, select the following check box:
- Under Permissions, select CONNECT SQL, VIEW any definition, and VIEW any database.
- The SDDC Management - Health Overview widget contains a set of product that is represented in the form of badges.
- Select a cluster instance or double-click to access a node of the product from the SDDC Application: Infrastructure Health widget.
- You can view the health of the selected instances, nodes, and services in the Are Objects Healthy? widget.
- From the Health Alerts (Performance and Availability) widget, view the list of alerts related to performance and availability.
- From the Health Alerts (Config and Compliance) widget, you can track the active alerts to understand the configuration and compliance of an alert.