Create a new AppStack.
When you create an AppStack, you only provide the name, storage, path, and description of the AppStack.
- From the App Volumes Manager, click .
- Enter the following information for the AppStack:
Option Description Name A name that describes the type of applications contained in the AppStack. Storage Name of your default datastore. Path The path for the volume. The path to the apps_templates and writable_templates file on the datastore is created during the initial setup process. You can change the path to further sub-categorize volumes. For example: appvolumes/apps/your_folder. Template Select a template for the AppStack, usually in the form of a VMDK file. Description A short description of the AppStack, usually names of applications that the AppStack will contain.
- Click Create.
- Select one of the following options:
- Perform in the background - The creation takes place in the background and you can perform other tasks.
- Wait for completion - You canot perform any other tasks until the AppStack is created.
What to do next
- Provision the AppStack to attach it and install applications. The AppStack is not fully created until the you have completed provisioning. See Provision An AppStack and Install Applications in AppStacks.
- You can limit the number of active attachments of the AppStack you created. See Edit an AppStack.