After you have installed App Volumes Manager, install the App Volumes agent on the packaging computer and target desktops.
For improved security when using the App Volumes agent, disable weak ciphers in SSL and TLS to ensure that Windows-based machines running the agent do not use weak ciphers when they communicate using SSL/TLS protocol. See Disable Weak Ciphers in SSL and TLS in the Horizon 7 documentation.
You can also install the agent silently using the Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI). See Install App Volumes Agent Silently for more information.
- Ensure that you have installed the App Volumes Manager and you have the host IP address and port number.
- Verify that your environment meets the system requirements.
See System Requirements.
- Verify that your account has local administrator privileges on the target computer.
- Install the latest Windows Update on the target computer and subsequently disable the Update.
When you have application packages or Writable Volumes and the Windows Update is not disabled on the target computer, the system volume or the Writable Volumes might get corrupted.
- If you intend to use this virtual machine as a packaging computer, create a clean snapshot or take a backup of this machine. Revert to this snapshot or the backup before packaging new application packages.
- Run the App Volumes installer.
The same installer is used to install App Volumes Manager and the agent.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement and click .
- Select Install App Volumes Agent and click .
- Enter the IP address and port number.
The default port number for App Volumes Manager is 443. Enter 80 for the port number if you have configured App Volumes Manager to listen on an HTTP port.
- (Optional) Check the Disable Certificate Validation with App Volumes Manager box if you do not want the agent to validate the App Volumes Manager certificate.
Certificate validation is enabled by default.
- Click Install and follow any on-screen instructions.
- Click Finish to exit the wizard after the installation is completed.
- Restart your packaging virtual machine to complete the agent installation.
What to do next
- Configure SSL certificates for the agent. You can also disable SSL communication and certificate validation between App Volumes Manager and agent. For more information, see the VMware App Volumes Administration Guide on VMware Docs.
- For assigning published applications to computer entities, within the base image, add the DelayVirtualizationType paramter of type,
DWORD, to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\svservice\Parameters and set the parameter value to