As a cloud administrator, you set up the provisioning infrastructure, and then proceed with the migration.
- Ensure that the VMware Aria Operations for Logs on-premises software version is 8.8.0 or later. Supported VMware Aria Operations for Logs versions 8.8.0 and 8.8.2 require applying the appropriate hotfix for the migration to work properly. For more information on the hotfix, see KB 89362. You can also apply the hotfix to VMware Aria Operations for Logs from VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle.
- Complete the VMware Aria Operations for Logs cloud onboarding process. For more information on onboarding and cloud user creation, see VMware Aria Operations for Logs documentation.
- Log in to VMware Cloud, select VMware Aria Hub Subscription, and click Cloud Connect.
- Select an Aria Suite product, then select the VMware Aria Suite Lifecycle version from the drop-down menu, and click START MIGRATION.
- In Start Migration, complete the required options.
- Complete the pre-requisites for migration. Ensure that you select the region for cloud instance and define the migration suffix.
- User Mapping
- Verify the list of users for your VMware Aria Operations for Logs cloud instances. Click MAP USER to view the on-premises user details.
- Click COMPLETE MAPPING.
- Content Migration: VMware Cloud Connect displays the different content types to be migrated. Click MIGRATE.
Note: If your migration fails, you can view the User Content Migration Status and identify the reason for failure. Fix the issues and resume migration, or mark the migration as partially complete, and then continue with the migration process.
- After the migration, click GO TO HOMEPAGE.
What to do next
On successfully completing the migration, you can see the migrated status in the home page of VMware Cloud Connect.